Israel's National Cyber Directorate said a cyber attack took down government websites for more than an hour on Monday night.
The National Cyber Authority and the National Cyber System stated:
"In the last few hours, a denial of service attack on a communications provider has been identified, as a result of which, access to a number of sites, including government sites, was temporarily denied," the agency said in a statement. "As of this hour all the sites are back for activity."
A statement from Communications Minister Yoaz Hendel's office confirmed that many sites had been attacked and that the service was being gradually returned.
“The ministry will continue to monitor [the situation] until full restoration,” it added.
Full service was restored about an hour. No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
The All Israel News Staff is a team of journalists in Israel.