JERUSALEM – Big news day, and big news week, in the epicenter.
Here are the stories we are tracking at ALL ISRAEL NEWS:
1. ISRAEL-BAHRAIN PEACE ACCORD: Today, an Israeli delegation flies to the Kingdom of Bahrain. The two countries will sign the formal agreement normalizing peace between the two countries and providing far more detail to how relations will now work. You can read more about it here.
2. AMERICAN PEACE DELEGATION: U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is in Bahrain today, in the capital city of Manama, with a delegation of U.S. officials to witness and support the Israeli-Bahraini peace accord signing.
3. ISRAEL BEGINS TO REOPEN ECONOMY
- After a full national lockdown for the past month, Israel will move to “stage one” of an economic re-opening today. The daily rate of new infections is dropping dramatically.
- On Saturday, there were only 395 new cases, compared to 4,000 to 5,000 new cases per day over recent weeks. Sadly, the total number of cases since the pandemic began has topped 302,000 and the number of deaths has climbed to 2,190.
- “As of Sunday, Israelis can once again travel more than one kilometer from home and visit others’ homes so long as caps on gatherings are adhered to (10 indoors, 20 outdoors),” reported the Times of Israel. “Preschools and daycares can reopen; restaurants are allowed to serve takeout; businesses that don’t receive customers can open; people can visit beaches and national parks; and the Western Wall plaza and Temple Mount compound will reopen for worship under certain restrictions.”
- “We will exit [the lockdown] carefully this time, in line with the plan set out by the experts at the health ministry,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Saturday evening.
- The Israeli Government Press Office today will host its 4th annual conference for Christian journalists, producers and media executives.
- Typically, the event is held in-person over the course of three to four days. Due to the pandemic, this year’s summit will be a one-night event.
- You can watch the webcast for free on the ALL ISRAEL NEWS Facebook page, beginning at 6 p.m. Israel time (11 a.m. Eastern, 10 a.m. Central, 9 a.m. Mountain, and 8 a.m. Pacific time).
- Speakers (in-person or via video) will include (in order)
- Nitzan Chen, director of Israel’s Government Press Office
- Israeli President Reuven Rivlin
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- Mike Evans, founder of the Friends of Zion Museum
- U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman
- Panel discussion on how Israeli is dealing with the COVID pandemic, national security threats, and new opportunities for Arab-Israeli peace:
- - CBN News bureau chief Chris Mitchell
- - ALL ISRAEL NEWS founder Joel C. Rosenberg
- - Jerusalem Post news editor Maayan Hoffman
- - IDF Brigadier General (ret.) Amir Avivi
- IDF Spokesman Jonathan Conricus
- International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (ICEJ) executive director Jurgen Buhler
- Proclaiming Justice To The Nations president Laurie Cardoza Moore
- And others
Joel C. Rosenberg is the editor-in-chief of ALL ISRAEL NEWS and ALL ARAB NEWS and the President and CEO of Near East Media. A New York Times best-selling author, Middle East analyst, and Evangelical leader, he lives in Jerusalem with his wife and sons.