A senior official in the Hamas terrorist organization’s politburo has accused the U.S. Biden administration of being a party to genocide.
“Biden is a full partner in the genocidal war, and our people expect no good from him,” said Qatar-based politburo founding member Izzat al-Risheq on Friday.
The senior leader further dismissed Washington’s diplomatic statements concerning a potential two-state solution after the Hamas war.
“The illusion that Biden maintains regarding a State of Palestine and its characteristics does not deceive our people,” al-Risheq said.
The ongoing war began on Oct. 7 when some 3,000 Palestinian terrorists invaded southern Israel, massacring more than 1,200 Israeli men, women and children, mostly civilians. In addition, Hamas terrorists and their allies kidnapped around 240 Israeli and foreign nationals, including a baby, small children and the elderly into Gaza.
The official charter of Hamas openly calls for the genocide of the Jewish people, throughout Israel and worldwide. In addition, Hamas is backed by the Iranian regime, which has repeatedly threatened to wipe Israel off the map.
Some 25,000 people have reportedly been killed in Gaza, according to the Hamas-controlled Gaza Health Ministry. However, there is no independent source to verify these numbers. Hamas terrorists frequently wear civilian clothes, and are counted in civilian death toll statistics and does not provide any information regarding the numbers of Gazans killed accidentally by misfired rockets launched from Palestinian territory.
Israel recently announced it had eliminated at least 9,000 terrorists belonging to Hamas and its ally Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) in Gaza.
the IDF has highlighted Hamas' cynical use of civilians in Gaza as human shields, which constitutes a war crime under international law.
The United States recently rejected the charges of “genocide” against Israel, brought by the South African government to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague.
“Genocide is one of the most heinous atrocities that any individual can commit. Those are allegations that should not be made lightly ... we are not seeing any acts that constitute genocide,” said U.S. State Department Spokesman Matt Miller.
In early January, Israeli National Security Advisor Tzachi Hanegbi condemned the charges against Israel, calling it an "absurd lawsuit."
“The State of Israel has signed the convention against genocide for decades, and we certainly do not boycott the discussion. We will stand by it and repel the absurd lawsuit that is a blood libel,” Hanegbi pledged.
The German government recently announced that it will defend Israel against the “genocide” charges, emphasizing that Israel has been acting in self-defense against terrorists seeking to cause harm to Israeli citizens and residents.
“On October 7, 2023, Hamas terrorists brutally attacked, tortured, killed and kidnapped innocent people in Israel,” the German government stated. “Hamas’s goal is to wipe out Israel. Since then, Israel has been defending itself against the inhumane attack by Hamas.”
The All Israel News Staff is a team of journalists in Israel.